Packing for Food 2 Go 4 Kids
We of Harrold Zion give thanks for opportunities to be a vital part of the life of our community. We take an active role in meeting the needs of our community by serving in various way:
- Offer relief when area disasters strike.
- Deliver Meals on Wheels
- Food drives for Westmoreland County Food Bank throughout the year
- January clothing drive which benefits Salvation Army
- Confirmation students lead worship once a month at Hempfield Manor
- Compassion Children
- Lenten collection for Lutheran World Relief
- Disaster relief collections through Lutheran Disaster Relief
- Annual grief sharing sessions
- Food 2 Go 4 Kids which provides weekend meals for children of a local elementary school who are in need.
- Compassionate Friends - a place for those who experience the loss of a child. For more information please go to www.compassionatefriends.org
- Thyme for Herbs
- Sponsor Girl Scout Troop
- Sponsor Boy Scout Troop #465
Every year, many members of the church form a team known as Harrold Zion's Angels which participates in the areas annual walk for Multiple Schlerosis. The walk is usually held one to two weeks following Easter and walks in the Greensburg area.
All members who sign on to participate in Harrold Zion's Angels secure sponsors with the contributions being used for research and to help find a cure for Multiple Schlerosis.